Frequently Asked Questions
About BPI Direct Savings Bank
1. Who is BPI Direct Savings Bank?
BPI Direct Savings Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of the Philippine Islands. It was established in 2000 as a testament to the mother bank's commitment to deliver the highest standard of banking convenience through the ingenuity of technology and creative management.
It operates in a branchless and generally paperless environment, with no defined geographical boundaries, reaching to customers anywhere in the Philippines or even around the globe, 24/7.
2. Does BPI Direct have branches?
Being a virtual bank, BPI Direct does not have any brick and mortar branch. We operate online and over the phone. However, we are also supported by the branches of BPI. Like when you opened your BPI Direct account, you were requested to nominate your Branch of convenience. This is the branch where you will present your identification papers, sign your account opening documents and pick-up your BPI Direct Express Teller ATM Card. This branch will also service your over-the-counter transactions like deposits and withdrawals when amounts exceed the ATM withdrawal limits.
Opening an account with BPI Direct
1. What are the acceptable IDs required in opening a deposit account?
In opening a new account, please present any one (1) of the following IDs:
· Passport (including those issued by Foreign Governments)
· Driver's License
· Social Security Systems (SSS) ID
· Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) ID
· Government Service and Insurance (GSIS) e-Card
· Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
· OFW ID
· Seaman’s book
· Alien Certification of Registration / Immigrant Certificate of Registration
· Government Office and GOCC ID (e.g. Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) IDs
· Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID
· Company IDs issued by private entities or institutions registered with or supervised or regulated either by the BSP, SEC or Insurance Commission
· IDs issued by an official foreign authority (e.g. foreign passport, foreign driver’s license, etc)
· For Students: School ID duly signed by the principal or head of school
· For Non-Philippine Residents: Similar ID issued by the foreign government (e.g. foreign passport, foreign driver’s license) where the customer is a resident or a citizen.
The I.D. should be:
1. in original copy
4. issued by an Official Authority (e.g. Local or Foreign Authority that is duly authorized to issue the specified ID type)
Banking with BPI Direct
1. How do I access and maintain my account if you don’t have branches?
BPI Direct offers you 24/7 banking that will allow you to access your funds conveniently, anytime, anywhere:
· ATM. You can access your funds through BPI Express Teller, Expressnet, Bancnet and Megalink ATMs nationwide or through Cirrus ATMs worldwide.
· Phone Banking. Call Express Phone 89-100
· Internet Banking. Log on to www.bpiexpressonline.com. You can also download your electronic statements from 6 months back through this channel.
· Mobile Banking. Bank through your cellphone with Express Mobile
· Cash Accept Machine. Deposit cash through our Express Deposit machines and it will be credited to your account real-time.
2. How can I do my banking transactions through the telephone?
1. You can use the phone to do banking transactions through BPI Express Phone. To activate and enroll your account in BPI Express Phone, please follow these steps.
2. Call 89-100
3. Dial 1 for Express Teller
4. Key in your 11-digit access number (this is the last ten digits of your ATM card number and the first digit of your Joint Account Indicator. To locate your Joint Account Indicator number, please click here )
5. Key in your unique temporary Telephone ID No (TIN) indicated in the ATM card carrier
6. Nominate your preferred TIN
You can immediately access your account upon TIN nomination.
3. How can I do banking transactions through the internet?
You can enroll in BPI Express Online, our internet banking facility. Just follow the steps:
1. Log-on to www.bpiexpressonline.com.
2. Choose ENROLL
3. Activate enrollment through any BPI ATM
4. Go to Special Services > Activate Enrollment > BPI Express Online
After 24 hours from activating your enrollment, you can already access your account online.
1. Does my BPI Direct account earn interest?
Yes. All accounts offered by BPI Direct, whether it’s Savings or Checking, earn interest. In fact, the interest rates that BPI Direct offers are higher than the regular savings and checking accounts offered by other banks. To check the interest rate you currently get from your account, please click here.
2. What is my daily ATM withdrawal limit?
Your daily ATM withdrawal limit is Php 50,000.
3. Can I also use my BPI Direct ATM card for cashless shopping?
Yes. You can shop without touching the pesos in your pocket. You can simply pay using BPI Direct ATM card in over 10,000 accredited merchants nationwide. No extra charge.
1. How often will I receive a statement for my account?
For BPI Direct checking accounts, you will receive a monthly statement including scanned copies of your negotiated checks.
For BPI Direct savings accounts, no printed statements will be mailed to you but you can inquire about your transaction history through the following channels:
· Express Phone 89-100 : Inquire your last credit and debit transactions.
· Express Online : View your transaction details up to 60 days back. You can also download for electronic statements up to 6 months back.
2. I lost my BPI Direct ATM card. How can I request for the blocking of my ATM card? How can I request for replacement?
You may call 89-100. The phonebanker will immediately block the ATM card and will process request for replacement. The phonebanker will inform you as to when you will pick up the new ATM card at your servicing branch. A corresponding card replacement fee will apply.
3. My BPI Direct ATM card was damaged? How can I request for replacement?
You may call 89-100 to request for replacement or email email@example.com. A corresponding card replacement fee will apply.